HOW TO BOOK
You are also able to make a provisional booking, which we will hold for 7 days.
Booking Conditions Summary
Bookings & Payments
- You must pay a deposit of US$1,500 per person at the time of booking in order to confirm your place on the expedition. This deposit is used to pay for reservations for hotels and other land arrangements to be made on your behalf.
- If your booking is made more than 60 days before the expedition departure date, then final payment of the price is due 60 days before the expedition departure date.
- If your booking is made within 60 days of the expedition departure date it must be accompanied by full payment of the price.
- Our expeditions are priced in U.S. dollars and payments are to be made in U.S. dollars, with the exception of our expeditions to Australia, New Zealand & Papua New Guinea, which require payment in Australian dollars. For U.S. dollar expeditions, foreign currency will be accepted if equivalent to the U.S. dollar currency exchange rate and you pay the currency exchange charges. For Australian dollar expeditions, foreign currency will be accepted if equivalent to the Australian dollar currency exchange rate and you pay the currency exchange charges.
- Payment can be made by cheque, funds transfer, credit card or debit card. A 2.2% service charge applies to all credit card payments, including those made by MasterCard, Visa and American Express.
- If we cancel an expedition for any reason, your full deposit will be refunded to you
- You are able to transfer from one of our expeditions to another free of charge 60 days or more from departure. Should you be unable to find a suitable alternative with us immediately, you can retain the value of your deposit as a credit for up to 24 months.
- Should you cancel your booking between 46 and 60 days prior to departure, we will retain 50% of the tour price, and refund the rest to you;
- Should you cancel your booking 45 days or less prior to departure, we will retain 100% of the tour price.
At Arcadia Expeditions, we take great care to ensure each of our travellers join a trip suited to their physical capabilities. We have graded our small group expeditions to provide an indication of what level of fitness is required. Along with the detailed expedition itinerary, you should consider this fitness grading before selecting your preferred trip.
All of our expeditions require as a minimum that participants have a reasonable degree of fitness enabling 2-3 hours daily walking and 1-1.5 hours standing on any given site visit or activity. Many sites have uneven terrain and are accessed by climbing slopes or steps. Our expeditions are not suitable for those who walk slowly, need support, or lack stamina.
If you have any pre-existing medical conditions or a disability that may affect your trip or necessitate special arrangements being made for you, you must notify us before booking.
It is important to note that due to the exploratory nature of some of our trips, multiple days may be spent in remote areas with basic facilities and long travelling days may occur.
Easy. A reasonable level of fitness and good health is required to participate. You will need to be able to walk for a few hours at a gentle pace, remain standing in museums and historic sites and get on and off transport by yourself.
Moderate. Moderate expeditions have all the requirements of the Easy grading, plus a number of sites that will require extra fitness – moving around uneven archaeological sites, climbing hills to enter towns or historic sites etc. You need to have good mobility and aerobic fitness. Some time will be spent visiting remote areas where facilities can be quite basic.
Active. This category of expeditions may involve long travel days and extended time visiting remote areas with basic facilities. Participants must be in excellent health, extremely mobile and live an active lifestyle. On some Active expeditions, we will be staying in tents that will have to be entered on all fours. Unless you have excellent endurance and mobility, you will not get the most out of an Active expedition and should not travel on these trips.
- A single supplement is payable on our expeditions
- If you are willing to share a room with another single traveller of the same gender, you must pay the single supplement rate and we will use reasonable endeavour to match you with another single traveller of the same gender, but we cannot guarantee availability.
- If we are able to match you with another traveller and you remain matched throughout the entire expedition, you will be considered a twin share participant and refunded your single supplement within 2 weeks of expedition completion.
- Comprehensive travel insurance is compulsory. You must take out your own comprehensive travel insurance cover for the full duration of your expedition and for the countries in which the expedition is to take place.
For a full outline of our Booking Conditions, please see our Terms & Conditions